Thursday, May 7, 2009

moose mosaic


moose mosaic
Originally uploaded by niki.mosaic

A large bull moose raises his head after taking a long drink of water. Birds fly overhead, the sun is high and the sky is clear with a lone puffy cloud. Cattails stand tall in the foreground and purple mountains rise up in the background.

This was my first commissioned mosaic piece. I just found this picture of it. The client's only request was that she wanted a moose, as she collected everything moose. She was very pleased with it and said she especially enjoys how the light reflects off the glass.

This reminds me that I want to do more "scenic" type mosaics. There are so many directions one can go with mosaics!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Niki...My name is Josh and I'm a fellow Missoulian (born & raised) and mosaicist. I was excited to see your mosaics so I just had to post a comment. I love your mixed media creations. Check out my website at www.opusmosaics.com.

    ReplyDelete